Thursday, August 2, 2012

In the Beginning...

My writing journey began with a screenplay written back in the late 1980’s. As a high school student I wasn’t aware that what I was fabricating in my mind, and would later jot down on paper would be interpreted as a screenplay.  I even cast actors such as Morgan Freeman and a host of others dictating who would play certain parts.   I included made up characters based off of characteristics from close nit friendships.  I guess I was wearing my director’s hat as well. I never got around to completing it, and it’s still packed away amongst my other belongings. My love for the craft would later come to life more than two decades in the future.  Currently I am studying the art of screenwriting in an effort to see if my passion for cinema is still something I’d like to pursue as a career, or if it is only a fleeting moment of nostalgia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment